In which I wax poetic about an inanimate object

Alternate title: Reasons why my computer can kick your computer's a**
  1. It's soooo pretty. Smooth and sleek with curves in all the right places.

  2. It's lightning fast, especially in comparison with my old computer. It's so fast that it's letting me indulge in bad habits, like having 15 windows open at once, just because I can.

  3. It has a giant roomy hard drive, about 10 times the size of my old one. After lunch with PiGuy today he handed over an external hard drive with all his movies. After picking through them, I now have 66 movies on my computer. And all the seasons of West Wing. I officially have no excuse not to go to the gym (for some reason my treadmill endurance bumps up drastically when I can watch something on the BossiPod).

  4. It's pretty. Silver and black and so fancy.

  5. The trackpad has all these cool features, various shortcuts you can access just by tapping in different spots. I'm discovering most of the features by accident, generally not when I want them, but I can tell they're going to definitely come in handy once I've mastered them.

  6. I've never dropped it, so there's nothing weird and broken on it. Plus, it has one of those nifty magnetic power supply cords, so that if when I trip over the cord the entire computer doesn't come crashing to the floor.

  7. It picks up wi-fi signals much better than my old computer did, so I'm able to steal a neighbor's wireless until tomorrow when I get my own (a shout-out to ART4LIFE—thanks, buddy!).

  8. My external hard drive, which was dead and gone forever, taking all my pictures and music with it and making me very very sad, actually works when plugged into my new computer. I have absolutely no idea why, but I don't care, because I have rescued all my precious data!

  9. It has a built-in camera, so I can video chat to my heart's content. Oh, and take ridiculous Andy Warhol pictures of myself. Those are extremely popular as Facebook profile pics.

  10. Did I mention how pretty it is?

1 comment:

  1. Ain't technology grand? My computer's relatively new, but it was pre-very large hard drives. I can't wait to get a new one so I can take more pictures in RAW!

    Enjoy your new computer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...