R.I.P. Mac


I learned today that Mac, the baby elephant at the Houston Zoo, died last night. I took this picture a little over a year ago, just a few days after Mac's 1st birthday. Ever since CameraMan became a member of the Zoo, we've been visiting every couple weeks or so, and we never fail to stop by the elephant habitat to see if Mac is there. There's something about seeing the baby animals at the zoo that makes me happy, so we always look for the baby giraffe, the baby elephant, and recently, the baby monkey. I am incredibly sad for everyone at the zoo, because I know elephants have big personalities, and Mac had won the hearts of everyone who worked there.

Lately I haven't been feeling too friendly toward elephants (more of my kind thoughts have been given to the donkey, if you know what I mean), but the outcome of the election has left me feeling particularly benevolent (we'll forget the smashing of the GOP elephant piƱata at Obamapalooza, shall we?). As with anyone who dies young, the loss of this particular elephant is especially tragic. For more information, you can go here or here for all the details.

For some reason, my completely irrational response to Mac's death is too feel more protective and appreciative of my sweet, beautiful, healthy, photogenic cat. Isn't she lovely?



That's all for tonight; I have to go add Dumbo to my Netflix queue.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Bossy Cat,

    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Mac!

    And, elephants are not Republican.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bossy Cat is surely one of the five cutest cats in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so sad about Mac. :( I'm glad I got to see him when I did, and sorry I won't see him again.

    As per your sidebar, wishing for a carryon suitcase, I just found a great one that has a laptop pocket too. It's probably only big enough for a weekend or something. Ricardo Hillcrest 17". It's available at Macy's for a steal of a deal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...