Comfort is comforting

I don't know if it's the colder (ish) weather, nostalgia for last year's European adventures (a year ago today I arrived in Vienna), or my loneliness without CameraMan or work, but I've been craving comfort food. Mac and cheese, tomato basil soup with tortellini, pizza, you name it I've probably eaten it this week, and in mass quantities. My body seems to just about breaking even, due to the intense daily workouts I've been doing (no, seriously).

It's hard for me to get motivated to cook just for myself. To be honest, it's hard for me to get motivated to cook, period. Most of what I do in the kitchen is more assembling than actual cooking. It's not that I can't, I just don't. Today, though, I couldn't keep my cravings for good German comfort food under control, so I took matters into my own hands and cooked up a yummy feast for myself.


Bratwurst with spicy mustard, brussels sprouts, boiled potatoes with gravy, and red cabbage... I'm such a good little German girl—Papa Bossy will be so proud.

I am still, unfortunately, clearly an American at heart, since I have apparently not learned the basics of portion control yet. I'm feeling quite comfortable indeed, almost too comfortable to leave the couch, and if I'm going to continue breaking even, I will eventually have to do just that. Tomorrow.

2 comments:

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...