Personal day

I'm taking the day, abdicating all duties and responsibilities (a grand total of blogging and working out) in favor of watching endless episodes of The West Wing and reading Evelyn Waugh novels while eating Christmas candy.

To tide you over, here's a bit of dorky opera silliness, courtesy of An Unamplified Voice:

Which opera is right for you?

Apparently, Don Giovanni is the one for me.
For you, life is a jilting combination of subtleties and rough hammer-blows. But you’re not one to shy away from these chiaroscuro extremes. With your combination of delicate intellect and animal passion, you can handle life’s endless surprises. Mozart and his librettist Da Ponte expected no less from their audience when they created their masterpiece about the world’s greatest lover, Don Giovanni. You will be one of the few who are equally comfortable with the refined poetry and the unbridled eroticism of this ultimate operatic achievement.

Indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Cute quiz! The opera that's right for me is Salome. Um, I love me some Strauss and this one is awesome, but I'm not sure whether to be flattered or a little indignant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... West Wing marathon. I started one of those back when the Democratic and Republican National Conventions were... but being away from my complete series collection, I've had to stop and start...

    I love that show so...

    Enjoy your personal day! Our day off before show turned into a dry tech. UGH.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...