Mojitos!




One of the best outcomes of making a to-do list, posting it on the internet for anyone to read, and then talking about it incessantly, is that friends and family read it and occasionally I get emails that say, "I'd love to help you out with #17," or "I'm your girl for #30." Of course it's great when people are inspired to make lists of their own, but failing that, I can definitely use the help with mine. However, besides CameraMan (who has helped me cross of 3 goals), and the Bossy Folks (who contributed to 2), I haven't taken anyone up on their offers…until tonight.

My stage manager, PiGuy (the story behind this nickname is not long, but it's not all that interesting, either, so suffice it to say that it came out of a crazy night of Wii, and that there is a hand signal that goes with the name), invited the ASMs and I over for dinner tonight, and warned me that he was planning to help me cross one off.

He taught me how to make mojitos! (Sidebar: apparently I say the word "mojito" in a strange way that involves a shoulder shrug and pitch leap on the middle syllable, or so I was told tonight.) We made the first batch together, but after that I was a mojito-muddling machine! I made them for just about everyone there, and the consensus was that they were delicious (except the ones in which I forgot the simple syrup—amazing how much that will change the flavor of your drink).

And now that I know how to make them, there is absolutely nothing stopping me from drinking them all the time at home. Perhaps I should have waited to become a mojito-guzzling lush until I had conquered some of the more ambitious items on the list. Oh well.
  1. Make a delicious mojito.

That's 7 down, people. Be impressed. Be very impressed.

3 comments:

  1. When you're in New York, try some caipirinhas at Casa (W. Village).

    ReplyDelete
  2. PiGuy is very awesome for doing this! Yay PiGuy and yay you for making rocking mojitos. No more neeeding to go to the Flat for ones!

    You've inspired me to start my own... I don't know if I could come up with 100 good things. I'll post it to my blog when I get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to bring the recipe.

    If you keep going with your list like this, you will be done in September 2014, dolphins, babies, and koala bears and all, and then what?
    Maybe some challenges are needed to slow you down, like combining 15 & 26, 45 & 48, 55 & 61, etc...

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...