The travel bug

CameraMan leaves tomorrow for 2 1/2 weeks on the WT audition tour. They're going to 7 different cities, and although CM assures me there will almost no time at all for fun of any kind, I am majorly jealous. I can feel the itch to travel coming on. About this time last year, I was getting ready for a month in Europe to heal my broken heart and my broken German, and while I would love to do something similar this winter (Paris, anyone?), I don't have the cash or the frequent flier miles to make that possible.

However, I am consoling myself with several small trips, so throw me no pity parties just yet. Here's what's coming up:
  • Thanksgiving in California. Wherein CM meets the extended Bossy Family for the first time, causing him to either run screaming back to the sane people in the Midwest or to finally understand why I do all those annoying things I do. Or both.

  • Christmas in Vegas. Wherein the tables are turned and I meet CM's family, albeit only 4 I haven't met before. This trip will also include a swanky hotel with a view of the Strip, a wee bit of gambling, and another item crossed off my list (#29, obvs).

  • 2 Months in NYC. Wherein I make my Met debut, spend gobs of time with My Gay Husband and The Banker, and rediscover what winter actually feels like. Eek!

And in between? I'll be hanging out in H-town, being frugal, studying Sonnambula, catching up on projects, and playing more Wii Golf than you can even imagine.

Paris will just have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. Re T in C: Or, he'll find out what makes you such a fascinating, lovable person. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...