Burn(out) notice

I appear to be teetering on the edge of a minor nervous breakdown, but today is the first day of NaBloPoMo, so I'm blogging instead of lolling on the couch gorging myself on candy. Lucky you.

It's been an insane couple of weeks at work. B&B opened Thursday to great success. This would usually mean that I'm into the cushy phase of my job, coming into work every few days for performances and spending all the rest of my time at the zoo. For this show, though, just as soon as we went into tech I started rehearsing the second cast during the day. The rehearsals themselves have been a pleasure—my cast are all bright, hard-working, and ridiculously talented. On top of that, CameraMan and I get to run the show together, which is pretty much the best thing ever. I'm finding it more difficult than I imagined, however, to juggle what are essentially two completely different jobs: director and assistant director. For some reason, scheduling for this show has been a complete nightmare, and it sometimes feels like all my energy is used up unraveling problems, so that by the time I get into the rehearsal room I'm spent. I even had to say "no" to some extra duties, something I never do, because I was feeling so overwhelmed.

But enough complaining. I'm actually very much looking forward to the week ahead, which will consist of one four-hour onstage rehearsal to get my cast ready, three performances with my cast onstage and CameraMan on the podium, one incredibly exciting election (and a special Obamapalooza party to celebrate), two of my favorite people visiting Houston, and CM leaving for the WT audition tour.

And, if all goes according to plan, I'll bring you all along for the ride. I'm committing to write something every day this month, and this time I mean it.

3 comments:

  1. A whole month! I can hardly wait. It will help me combat my PTEE.*

    *Post Traumatic Election Exhilaration

    ReplyDelete
  2. PTEE, huh? Don't you think Post Traumatic Election Elation has a better ring to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take whatever I can get. As long as it isn't like 2004.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...