My kind of town, Chicago is

I spent a lovely afternoon in downtown Chicago yesterday walking around alone through Millennium Park and the Art Institute and taking lots of pictures. Then I met KT for drinks and appetizers at a Chicago institution (not the Wiener Circle; sorry, Wise Soprano) and then we were off to the Lyric to see their fantastic production of Falstaff (for free, no less). It was the perfect day. It was cold but not too cold, the sun was shining, and the camera wasn't letting me down.


Millennium Park. I am fascinated by the bean. Do you see me?



A few of my favorite things at the Art Institute.



In other news, this post is Little Ms. Bossy's 100th post! It's been almost 6 months since I started blogging, and I'm so glad that I did. At first it provided a much-needed escape from things I didn't want to deal with, but gradually it has become so much more. Through the blog I have learned to love writing and have forged new relationships both real and imagined.

In honor of the milestone, here are a few of my favorite posts, arranged chronologically:

E-i-e-i-o

Just play it cool, real cool

The girl in seat 38-J

A purely hypothetical exercise

Adventures in air travel and karmic retribution

Thinking out loud

4 comments:

  1. The bean is pretty great, but the face fountain kinda creeps me out.

    P.S. nice coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bean is so cool although I've only seen it in photos. I know if I lived in Chicago it would be my most photographed subject.

    Congrats on post #100! You are such a great writer and I'm glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude...Chicago IS my kind of town!!
    do not leave without enjoying a tasty chicago dog!!!

    p.s. I am having lunch at our favorite Indian restaurant in your honor tomorrow:)

    WiseSop

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...