Hi-ho, the glamorous life

If you read this blog regularly, you probably think that the life of Little Ms. Bossy is pretty exciting, all rubbing shoulders with famous opera singers, buying new dresses, rocking out on the (plastic) guitar, attending fancy schmancy parties, and drinking to excess with friends.

You're absolutely right.

However, nobody should be expected to maintain that level of high glamour 7 nights a week. Case in point: tonight. Here's what I did in lieu of doing…anything:
  • Ate a burger for dinner that had an entire avocado on top. Seriously.

  • Worked on my ongoing project to copy all my CDs onto my iPod so that I can put them all away in storage. It's a long process. Feels like I'm drowning in opera recordings. Didn't stop me from going to the HGO music library today and getting 3 new recordings of Bohème, however.

  • Baked brownies with newly-discovered best brownie mix ever. Yum. Maybe I need to go get a second brownie.

  • Cleaned up my apartment. Sort of.

  • Worked on making my Flute score look presentable enough to turn in at the end of the run. HGO keeps it as a record of the production. At the moment it's a mess of scrawled post-its and illegible scribbles. Chances are, nobody will ever look at it, but just in case, I'm attempting to make it pretty.

  • Checked through a stage management document called the "Who/What/Where," which essentially lists every exit and entrance in the show, plus technical info. Got a headache. These two things possibly unrelated, but somehow I doubt it.

  • Thought it would be a good idea to watch Gilmore Girls. Watched the beginning of 2nd season. Oops. Had to watch the Kate Winslet episode of Extras to get myself out of the GG-induced funk.

  • Downloaded the new Jack Johnson CD that I pre-ordered. Listening to and enjoying it as I write.

A quiet evening at home might not be the most exciting blog fodder, but I know someone who doesn't mind a bit.

4 comments:

  1. It's too bad I had to come home to Portland. Because if I were still there, then you could have also posted a picture of me on the couch in the same position as we see Bossy Cat here. I miss you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A haiku for the Cat:

    Your cat gives the warmth

    Of body and mind and soul

    Fresh outlook daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to talk to you last night! Thank god you put Kate Winslet in...I'm sure Cameraman was watching his manhood dwindle away at the sight of another episode of GG.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm... i gotta say, this sounds fairly wildly active for a night of doing "nothing". geez woman. my days off are generally semi-comatose (at least in looks). :) hope you are good and enjoying that kitty love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...