I have goals, you know

Tonight's my last night in H-town. Tomorrow evening I'm off on a 16-day trip to Chicago and Southern California (a nightmare of a trip to pack for if there ever was one). I had a Bon Voyage get-together of sorts with some friends. Margaritas were guzzled, chips with various dips were devoured, and other generally carousing went on. It was great to party, but I have to remember that although the next couple weeks are a vacation, I can't completely slack off. I have goals, you know.

For example:
  • Not freeze my a** off while in Chi-town. The Best Friend said to me on the phone today, "You're lucky. When you get here it'll be in the 20's." I have a feeling I won't be feeling so lucky come tomorrow evening.
  • Catch up with friends. I talk to the Best Friend a couple times a week on the phone, but nothing helps best friend bonding like hanging out on the couch while watching reruns of Law & Order.
  • Learn La Bohème. I did some translation work this afternoon, and there are surprisingly few strippers with HIV in it. And I thought I knew this show.
  • Go to a convention of Little Ms. Bossy fans. Otherwise known as Grandma's house.
  • Rest. Wait, what have I been doing for the past 2 weeks? Never mind.
  • Spend some time outside. I'm hoping the majority of this will take place during the Cali part of my trip. Have I mentioned how cold I will be in Chicago?
  • Be healthy. Again, I'll have better luck with this in California.
  • Take a lot of pictures. I've been neglectful of my camera lately, mainly because I'm too busy drooling over CameraMan's DSLR. I need to get over it and learn to use the camera I have.
  • Meditate until an amazing summer job magically drops in my lap. And what better place for meditation than Southern California? Seriously.
  • Write. On my Europe trip I did a lot of creative writing outside of my blog, and I really enjoyed it. I've been neglecting it since getting back, but on vacation I have no excuse.

Or is that too much? Maybe I need to forget all the goals and just focus on enjoying my totally klutch vacation.

Yeah, right. I might as well list completely change personality as a goal.

Until next time, when I blog by candlelight from a freezing cold garret, wearing those awesome fingerless gloves and stickin' it to the man. Too bad I'm all digital; otherwise I could burn my blog posts to keep warm.

2 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous time. Looking forwards to the pictures and stories to ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garret huh?

    You would totally be Colline. You are so not above singing an aria to your coat.

    Nerd.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...