You other fellas can't deny

You know that girl who can't eat when she's miserable and/or stressed out? "Oh, I couldn't possibly," she says as you try to share your pint of Ben & Jerry's, "I'm so upset I've completely lost my appetite." Her friends are all concerned for her, and they talk to each other about interventions while at the same time secretly admiring the way her jeans fit her new smaller body. You confess your near-constant craving for chocolate, and she stares at you blankly like she has no idea what you're talking about. Her freakishly quick weight loss is physical proof of her pain much more than your 5 extra ice cream pounds. The Wise Soprano tells me she's never actually met one of these girls, but I certainly have...

...and I am not among their number. My funk has the unfortunate side effects of everyday excursions for ice cream, cheese, and cheese-related products leading to all my pants fitting just a little bit tighter, leading in turn to scowling and bitterness. I could take my a** to the gym instead of whining about it, but my new motto? If you can't join 'em, hate 'em.

What can I say? Green is my new favorite color.

Yours truly,
Bitter Betty

P.S. I'm truly not fishing here. There's really no need to leave comments about how skinny I actually am. BB

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel... at least you have a strong support system here. I'm still working on one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...