Snowflakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes

It's List Day! Why? Because I say so, that's why. I'm going to get all tourist-guide on you and tell you about my favorite Houston haunts, specifically eating establishments. I've only included places I go on a fairly regular basis.

My Favorite Places to Eat in Houston
  • Amy's Ice Cream: CameraMan got me hooked on milkshakes made with Mexican Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and a dollop of peanut butter. Yum.
  • Auntie Chang's Dumpling House: Our Chinese takeout place of choice. Make sure you get dumplings with your order.
  • Barnaby's: The fries are amazing. The burgers are delish. Try to save room for a brownie à la mode.
  • Berryhill: One of my favorites for lunch. In fact, I went there for lunch today! I always get tamales. I especially like the spinach & corn ones. The one on Westheimer is a hole in the wall, but it's the one I like best.
  • Black Walnut Cafe: Soups, sandwiches, etc. in the Rice Village. I love the tomato basil soup because it has cheese tortellini in it. They also have fantastic gelato.
  • The Chocolate Bar: You can get almost anything made out of chocolate here, but the real draw for me is the house-made ice cream. Orange Sunrise is my favorite flavor. This week, that is.
  • Daily Review: Maybe it's because it was literally down the block from our old apartment, but this one holds a special place in my heart. Everything I've ever had was delicious, and even if you don't like your entree, I can guarantee you will love the bread and dipping oil. And the patio is gorgeous!
  • Divino: I highly recommend the goat cheese ravioli and the pinot grigio del giorno. And it's conveniently located right across the street from The Chocolate Bar.
  • Front Porch: The go-to spot for post-rehearsal drinkies. Sit outside (on the front porch, yes) and order the mini corn-dogs.
  • Market Square: My favorite place to eat when I'm working downtown. I usually get quesadillas, but the burgers are really good, too.
  • Romano's Pizza: The best pizza I've had in Houston. New York style, especially good with sausage. They don't deliver, but you can call in your order.
  • Sherlock's: Good place for mozzarella sticks and beer. They recently moved to a huge location. Only downside: the pool tables are in an annoying spot against a wall.
  • Shiva: Delicious Indian food in the Rice Village. They give you a lifetime supply of naan with your dinner, and it's amazing!


So, Houstonians, what are your favorites? Please share!

The rehearsal last night went as smoothly as I hoped it would. Tonight I'm going to the Ballo final dress. I'm especially excited for the lovely and talented Ms. Wilson making her role debut as Amelia!

Damn. Now I'm hungry.

4 comments:

  1. Is it dinner time yet? Something is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...your list makes me hungry! thanks for the blog add (hey, bday girls have to stick together, right? ) -coloraturaaah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Chocolate Bar... we should go sometime!

    I'm really hungry now after reading...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since taking a job downtown a few weeks ago, I have really enjoyed Droubi Brother's on Dallas. Yummy yummy hummus and tabouli! On and thier baklava is great too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...