Talkin' ‘bout freedom

I have 3 consecutive days off this week. And they happen to fall on an actual weekend. It’s difficult for me to put into words how very unprecedented this is. It never happens. Ever. So unprecedented, in fact, that I am utterly at a loss for what to do with the time. Not that I’m complaining, especially since my colleagues on Ballo don’t get a free day at all this week. That’s them glaring at me now, in fact. I just don’t know what to do with myself for 3 whole days. Suggestions? Here’s what I’ve got on the docket so far:

Saturday:
  • Cheering on husband and friends as they race for the cure. I'll be the one standing still.
  • Brunch with them after. I’ll be the one who isn’t drenched in sweat.
  • Greek Festival (or something) with Nathan. I’ll be the one stuffing my face with feta.

Sunday:
  • My birthday party! (Did I mention my birthday is coming up?) 10pm at The Flat. Frozen mojitos and flatbread pizzas! Yum. If you’re in town, I’d love to see you! I'll be the one working the room.
  • The rest of the day? I’ll be the one snuggling with my kitten, eating chocolate, weeping over Six Feet Under, and primping for the party. Maybe buying a new outfit. Yay!

Monday:
  • Going to the zoo. I’ve been dying to take arty pictures of the animals, and a free weekday is the perfect time. I'll be the one grinning like a monkey. Ideally not as much as the actual monkeys.


Okay, that’s all you get today. It’s time for Grey’s Anatomy. One week (7 days) to my birthday!

3 comments:

  1. No one likes people who brag you know. Good luck with the whole "three days off" thing. You'll probably end up driving your car absentmindedly to work like an ex-con wishing they'd take him back to prison.

    And by "working the room" you mean...?

    RM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the zoo... you can get the best pictures ever. I was trying to take a good pic of a brown bear bathing in his pond once, and suddenly a tour bus passed buy and they made noise. The bear scowled and raised his head... *snap* PERFECT picture!

    I'm SOOOO jealous of your three days off... I cannot wait until Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother used to say:
    "Alles kann der Mensch vertragen,
    ausser eine Reihe von guten Tagen."

    It's probably true, but I am not sure, yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...