Brown paper packages tied up with string

I’m in a terrible mood. I’ve had a bad attitude all day, one of those days where nothing goes right and the slightest thing sets me off. So, I’m spontaneously making today List Day, on a topic already on my mind.

20 Slight things that set me off (in other words, Pet Peeves):
  • Grown men who say “little boys’ room.”

  • Opera singers singing musical theatre. (Dawn, if you’re reading this, I don’t mean you. You’re lovely.)

  • People who pick their nose while driving. You’re not invisible, you know.

  • Directors who find it impossible to make a schedule. Ahem.

  • The way jeans never fit quite the same after you’ve washed them.

  • People who forget the difference between a blog and a personal journal.

  • Reduced fat cheese. What’s the point?

  • Name dropping. Ugh. Save it for your résumé.

  • Visible panty lines. There’s really no excuse.

  • The way women’s sizes run differently at every store, so you’re forced to try things on even when you’re not in the mood.

  • Cliques. Unless I’m in them.

  • People who are obsessed with their weight and try to bring you along with them.

  • When you go to a movie and realize that all the good parts were in the trailer, and some of the best parts of the trailer didn’t even wind up in the movie.

  • Flaky friends.

  • People who make every conversation a competition.

  • When Kroger is out of Ben & Jerry’s Half-Baked ice cream, so I’m forced to buy the lowfat frozen yogurt, only to discover that it totally sucks... Well, I guess that only happened once, but it’s fresh in my mind.

  • People who are far too aware of how good-looking they are.

  • Frozen dinners. I don’t know why, but I can’t get on board with these.

  • Being hot during the night. I would much rather crank up the air-conditioning and burrow under a down comforter.

  • People who don’t know when to shut up. Hmmm. Is it bad when you’re your own pet peeve?


I’ll shut up now. 6 days to my birthday, 2 to my party!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Maybe they mean it.
    2. I have had opera singers sing musical theatre at my house, and I loved it!
    3. Oops!
    4. Isn't that what assistants do?
    5. Don't wash them.
    6. What IS the difference?
    7. This one is way too philosophical (is this almost over?)
    8. Name dropping is cool! (that one woke me up again!)
    9. I think VPLs show some kind of honesty, or ignorance. I sort of enjoy them in the vast sea of 'no vpl left behind' frenzy. (this may be a good time to leave) . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally do the air conditioner/blanket thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...