Oh happy day

It's no big secret that I adore my job. I love walking into the opera house, I get starstruck around the opera greats who sing with us, and I take great pride in being good at what I do.

That being said, sometimes there is nothing better than a free day. Today's our day off for the week (because we open tomorrow!), and I am enjoying the time. Here are some highlights from my day:
  • Watched Six Feet Under on the couch in my pajamas with my kitten.
  • Ate chips and guacamole outside for lunch.
  • Bought opening night gifts for the stage management team. Can't tell you what they are, but I will say that the best opening night presents are either a) edible, or b) displayable on your desk. My gifts cover both a and b.
  • Wore a mini-dress with tights. Said tights kept falling down, so I bought new tights. My height and weight combo did not appear on the size chart, so I guessed at what size I should buy. Got home and found out I guessed wrong. Had to go out again and buy more new tights.
  • Caught up on the phone with Mama Bossy and the Best Friend.
  • Discovered a fantastic shop dedicated to all things British, where I bought the Little Miss Bossy book whose name inspired this blog.
  • Boring things like cleaning, German verb drills, and lots of internet time.
  • Admired the fantastic weather.


Still to come? Dinner party and a late movie. Hurray for free days!

And in case you were wondering, our final dress rehearsal last night totally rocked. More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...