Leavin' on a jet plane

The nature of my job is a little strange because I'm contracted on a show-by-show basis. Those of you die-hard readers who have been with Little Ms. Bossy from the beginning may remember that I started off this blog with a month of unemployment. Well, I have 6 weeks off between productions coming up, so it's always a question of what I should do with the time. My first year at HGO I temped in my off-contract time, but after spending weeks doing what I love, I find it far too depressing to work for people who are amazed that I can type faster than 40 wpm, show up to work on time, and don't need copious smoke breaks. Besides, I can make almost as much money from unemployment, and then I'm free to do whatever I want with my time.

Which brings me to today's excitement. After much contemplation and brainstorming, I figured out what I want to do with my time, and today I bought plane tickets, so it's real. The day after my contract ends, I'm going to New York, where I will catch up with friends, see ACB in Figaro at the Met, and maybe (just maybe) do some career advancement-type activities as well. I haven't been to NYC since January, and that's much too long.

I will then fly back to Houston for a couple days, before going to Europe for a month!! I'm starting off in Vienna (my favorite place I've ever been, but ask me again after I go there in the winter) for at least 2 weeks where I'll study German and see lots of opera (yes, I'm a nerd, I know). I'm leaving the following 2 weeks open. Maybe I'll stay in Vienna longer, but I'll probably go up to Germany and travel around. In case you didn't know, Little Ms. Bossy has a German passport, because Papa Bossy is a bona fide German. I have lots of family and family friends in Germany, and I will most likely be crashing on various couches during my time there. I've never traveled internationally by myself, and I'm looking forward to having lots of adventures, auf Deutsch of course. I'll be taking pictures and blogging from the road. And if you thought there were too many stories on the blog involving beer, you might not want to read while I'm in the land of Bier. Oh, and the best thing of all is that my ticket was bought entirely with frequent flier miles. My nomadic existence finally pays off.

After a few days resetting my internal clock back in Houston, I'll be off to Oregon to visit Mama and Papa Bossy for Christmas. I'm hoping for a relaxing time that will also include a fair amount of Magic Flute review, because I start prepping the show December 27.

Today was a good day. I know you haven't heard that much from me lately, but I'm hoping all my jet-setting will bring me back to Houston with a whole new attitude.

2 comments:

  1. Wait wait wait wait wait. You're going to Germany? I've always wanted to go to Germany!!

    *beginning to secretly plot in her evil mind*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait!!! It'll be so fun to see you here in NYC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...