America the beautiful



Remember last week, when I told you that Little Ms. Bossy had reached a milestone? Well, as of today, exactly one week later, the number of visitors has doubled, thanks in large part to the lovely ACB, who added me to her blogroll.

I use a handy tool to track who's visiting the blog, how much time you're spending here, what you're wearing, etc. It's much more complicated than I need, but I enjoy looking through the oodles of statistics, pie charts, and maps. Besides the map above, I can also look at a world map, which tells me that I've got a smattering of international visitors, including one regular reader in Latvia. Sveiks!

So, let's take a look at the map of the USA, shall we? Little Ms. Bossy is doing especially well in all the places you'd expect: Texas, because I live there; North Carolina, because I have lots of friends and in-laws there; Maryland, because of Wolf Trappers; and California, because Brangelina, Bennifer, and TomKat have been spreading the word, obvs. I'm clearly popular with well-educated, liberal Commies New Englanders, as well as with artsy, pseudo-intellectual New Yorkers, many of whom are probably shocked to hear that there is opera outside of Manhattan. The Midwesterners like me, too, but mainly in metropolitan areas like Chicago and Minneapolis. My parents have taken care of the Pacific Northwest.

But what about the rest of the country? Well, this is where you come in. Of course I'll be doing my part, traveling through Kentucky, Louisiana, South Carolina, and Alabama giving speeches, signing printouts of my posts, and kissing babies. What can you do? Call your friends in key states like Montana, Idaho, Nebraska, and Maine (make sure to calculate the time difference). Tell them what's happening here, and invite them to be a part of it. While you're at it, tell your friends in the rural areas of your own state. You may think one person can't make a difference, but you're wrong. Spread the gospel of Little Ms. Bossy!

Or if you don't feel like it, come to my birthday party tonight instead! 4 days to my actual birthday.

3 comments:

  1. May the green states win! But why isn't Oregon greener? After all, the rainy season has started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's very cool when you cross out a word.... it's one of my favorite things you do on the blog

    kissy kissy

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...