It's Miller time

And...we're off! Miller Week has started in earnest. It's a strange feeling to revisit a show several months after it closes. Some of it is so familiar I might never forget it (even if I want to), and some of it has to be explained to me 5 times before I have any idea what it is. I think everyone was pleasantly surprised by how much the singers remember, especially those who never did a mainstage performance (our Tosca and Scarpia are new to the production, and only rehearsed for a week last winter). It bodes well for a good week.

It's been a long day already, and it's not even close to done yet. An hour with the chorus, children's chorus, and supers, and then to the stage to look at the set under light.

I was feeling sort of nervous and stressed and complainy about this week, even apart from the packing and moving bit, but I appear to be snapping out of it, to my great relief. This is going to be a hard, tiring week, but I think I'm going to enjoy it.

And exactly 1 week from today, it will be all over. The performances will be done, our apartment will be empty, and we'll be on our way to Virginia, breathing deeply for the first time in months.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best Miller Time ever! Good you are all done packing ... or are the Heinzelmännchen finishing that job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect Miller Time to be celebrated with Miller Lites at Porch Swing! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...