Blergh

I never thought I would become one of those people who wait until the last minute to pack for a trip. I'm more likely to have an outfit planned for each day and occasion, utilizing separates in a color scheme, all decided in advance. But here it is, 10pm the night before a 7am flight, and I haven't even hauled out my suitcase yet. Not only that, but off the massive to-do list I created this morning, I think I've crossed off 4 items. Luckily, laundry was one of them. Also, paying bills. Good lord, I'm wracking my brain to think of what else I accomplished, but aside from a couple meetings, that might have been all. So, 2 items. Yikes.

The weather today was hot and sticky in the way only Houston knows how to be. And I was grumpy and tired and pining for my CameraMan in a completely irrational fashion, considering he only left this morning (although it was so early it should count as yesterday). I felt out of whack all day—clearly I'm ready to be on the Left Coast in the bosom of my family.

Tomorrow I'm flying out early and landing before noon. I'll be picked up by the Bossy Folks, who made the big drive down to California from Oregon today (during which Papa Bossy got the 2nd speeding ticket OF HIS LIFE—oops!), are picking me up from the airport, and then it's nothing but sunshine, and relaxing, and wine, and good food, and plenty of family for the next 4 days. I can't wait.

But for now, I suppose I should be packing.

Blergh.

3 comments:

  1. MONKEYS FROM OUTERSPACE DON'T WEAR UNDERPANTS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that when one packs/travels for a living, that its very easy to procrastinate packing for leisure. The last two times I did that, I waited until the absolute last minute.

    Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a strange coincidence; I saw 5 or 6 highway patrol cars today, one of which saw me too.

    And I packed my suitcase 10 minutes before departure, all color coordinated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...