Happy Memorial Day weekend!

What are you all up to this holiday weekend, readers o' mine? No matter how much I crossed my fingers for CM to have a 3-day weekend, he just has 1 day: tomorrow. Still, that won't stop us from celebrating the beginning of summer in style. We bought a little gas grill for our balcony (shhh, don't tell), and tonight we're going to make sliders with caramelized onions and blue cheese. Tomorrow we're hitting a small-town festival, aptly called Viva! Vienna! (exclamation points not mine, but they should have been—I'm especially looking forward to Funnel! Cake!). As usual, it's all about the food.

I'll be back to writing on Monday, holiday or no holiday. Until then...

How could I possibly keep from bragging about this? It's like the whole universe is saying, "Move to Vienna, move to Vienna, move to Vienna" and we're all, "Dude. We WILL. In AUGUST."


I present to you: our summer signature cocktail. I highly recommend you present it to your mouth as soon as possible.


Have I shown you this artist before? I discovered her work in Paris, and since I got back I've had 6 square postcards sitting, just waiting to be framed and hung somewhere prominent. Alas, they're a weird European size that no American frames fit. Good thing we're MOVING TO EUROPE. (Did I mention?)


We picked up some of these while we were visiting Papa Melear. I can't tell you what a relief it was to discover they're available online, because we need more! I'm still dreaming of the Salted Caramel and Chai flavors—amazing.


This book finally came out this week! I am, of course, devouring it on my Kindle. And I think I need some new book recommendations to ease the pain when it's done. What have you got for me, friends?


Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your weekend off! (Well, you know what I mean since you're not working)

    I'm working all the way through the weekend, though the days should be light. This company doesn't believe in holidays off. Ah well.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...