Happy Mothers Day weekend!


Weekend greetings from sunny California, where today I've already run 2 miles, had an hour-long foot reflexology massage, and eaten my body weight in avocado. I think I can safely say it's going to be a good weekend. What are you all up to, besides celebrating the mothers in your life?

Just a bit of linky goodness for you:

Earlier this week we went to the Houston Zoo and were sad not to see the elephants out. Now we know the reason. The first sentence of this press release causes me some womanly sympathy pains, I'm not going to lie.


I know I already linked to this cake last week when I decided to make it, but it is so worth a repeat link. This might be the best thing I've ever made. Seriously amazing. Sweet and tart in equal measures, and perfect for breakfast the next day. Actually, I would not judge you if you ate it for every meal. It is that good.


I've been ogling these shoes. In all their preppy glory, I think they might be the perfect wear with everything summer shoes. The big question is, which color?


How fantastic would this be for my new life in Vienna? Sigh.


Here's a lovely article about my summer project. I'm getting really excited about it!


Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

3 comments:

  1. 23 month pregnancy? 375 lb baby? Glad we're not elephants. Nevertheless, Baylor is adorable.

    Cute shoes: I vote Linen or Tan (which look way darker than any tan I've ever seen) Depends on your clothes. I thought I'd like the blue, but I didn't. But without know ing your wardrobe, I'm not much help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the article about the new opera at Santa Fe very interesting. I like seeing new works, although they aren't always wonderful. I was in Santa Fe 2 years ago, and can't go this summer. I assume you will be directing? I hope you will keep us informed about it - and I know you will! Good luck! I'll be looking forward to hearing about it.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy: I'll be assistant directing,actually. New works ARE always hit or miss, but I think it's worthwhile to take the risk. There's something exciting about doing a piece that's never been done before. I will, of course, keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...