The Ultimate To-Do List 76–100

I've been in a bit of a rut these days. Being without a job leaves me feeling aimless and, more to the point, incredibly boring (after all, Mama Bossy always told me, "If you're bored, you're boring"), which is why I've been so very neglectful of you, my dear reader(s).

It's been about 2 months since I started my To-Do List. I haven't completed any goals thus far, I'm sorry to say. In order to finish in the next 10 years I need to complete 10 goals a year, meaning that in the past 2 months I should have completed 1.2 goals already. So, in the interest of starting to work toward these goals in earnest (and there's no time like the present—have I mentioned that I have no summer job?), here are the last 25.

  1. Read (or re-read, as the case may be) every book on the Modern Library's 100 Best Novels list despite the fact that the vast majority are written by white men.

  2. Go kayaking.

  3. Take a picture every day for a year.

  4. Drink hot chocolate in front of a fire while it's snowing outside.

  5. Give a month's salary to charity. Doesn't count if it's during a month when I'm unemployed, obvs.

  6. Learn to schmooze for real.

  7. Grow an herb garden.

  8. Take tennis lessons.

  9. Sell my car and live without one.

  10. Ride a mechanical bull.

  11. Learn to like coffee.

  12. Take the Mensa test, just to see.

  13. Spend a night in a castle.

  14. Get in the habit of reading non-fiction.

  15. Ride in a gondola in Venice. If the gondolier feels like singing "O sole mio," I won't object.

  16. Sing in a piano bar.

  17. Go to Oktoberfest in Munich.

  18. Watch a sunrise on the beach.

  19. Learn to be content in a moment without thinking so much about what comes next.

  20. Attend Austin City Limits or South by Southwest.

  21. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park.

  22. Eat a meal at The French Laundry.

  23. Donate blood despite my freakishly small and hard-to-find veins.

  24. Fly across the country (or the world) to surprise someone.

  25. Write about every goal I cross off this list.

Have any of you been inspired to create your own list? If so, tell me about it!

3 comments:

  1. I did! You always inspire me. My list isn't near as exciting as yours and it is only for one year out, but I've already started taking steps towards some of these things so thank you!

    http://photine.typepad.com/my_weblog/the_checklist/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool new header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! As a matter of fact, one of my Ultimate To-Do items is "learn how to drive a stick shift", which works perfectly with your #15... total win-win!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...