Oregon, O Oregon

I defy you to find a more gorgeous place at this time of year than Oregon, where I've spent the last few weeks at my parents' house. The weather is perfection: clear, sunny days coupled with cool, dry nights. Here at the Bossy Ranch we've been eating loads of fresh avocados, local berries, and cedar planked salmon, all of which we eat on the deck, where the wildlife sightings are plentiful. I've seen baby deer and any number of birds in the backyard, not to mention the 4 kitties lounging on patio chairs, sunny patches of deck, and curled up in the coiled garden hose. It's the perfect weather for long walks along the river, and I even got outside to mow the lawn, something I haven't done since… ummm… quite possibly never.

It's also, of course, the perfect place for a tie-dye themed wedding reception in a vineyard full to bursting with pinots both noir and gris. The bride wore tie-dye, the groom wore tie-dye, the cake was tie-dyed (see left). It was one of those "Only in Oregon" kind of events, and I'm so glad I went, although I myself did not wear tie-dye, in case you're wondering. I didn't know many people there, so after saying hi to those I did, I mainly hid behind my camera. I even chatted up the wedding photographer to geek out over lenses which led to him lending me his $1100 lens to try out. It was a good day.

I ended up taking more pictures of my parents than anyone else, and one of them has led me to be able to cross the first item off my list.



I framed this picture and gave it to Mama Bossy for her birthday, and it is now holding pride of place in the living room at the Bossy Ranch.
  1. Have one of my photographs hung on the wall of someone else's house.

1 down, 99 to go.

Oh, and by the way, thanks to Papa Bossy for all his help on the new header. If you read Little Ms. Bossy on Bloglines or Google Reader, come check out the new look.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new look, and thanks for sharing the tie-dye story. That's a new take on a wedding for me. Glad you're having fun with family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have your list on the side of the blog. That is SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, the black and white photo you took of Scarlett is hanging on the wall at my parents' house (and I used it in a frame with Scarlett's hospital bracelet). You are a famous photographer in our house. We love you. I miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, your comment totally made my day. I miss you and Brian and beautiful Scarlett SO much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...