Peer Pressure List, Vol. 14

  • Mike Birbiglia: I've laughed out loud listening to this guy on This American Life, so I was excited when I heard he was doing a show in New York. I took CameraMan to see him last night, and we laughed for about 90 minutes straight. I cannot overstate how great this show was. Go see it if you can, and if not, download his comedy from iTunes. Incidentally, I happen to know he Googles himself regularly…hi, Mike.

  • Dark chocolate Toblerone: I didn't even know this existed until some evil person started bringing them regularly to share at work. Now I'm addicted. You will be, too.

  • Lush bath melts: This is undoubtedly too much information about me, but before Thursday, I hadn't shaved my legs in a month. Gross. I know. A combination of winter and distance from CM made me just that lazy. Thursday was the big night to finally shave, so I bought one of these to take a long relaxing bath. After about 30 minutes in the tub, my skin was clean and sweet-smelling and so so soft. Also hair-free. I recommend the bath melt in Dreamtime.

  • Mint.com: This free (yes, FREE!) money-management software is amazing. I've been making a big effort to get out of credit card debt, and I like seeing where I spend my money without having to think about it constantly. Mint.com automatically downloads all my transactions from my accounts, organizes them, and tells me where all my money is disappearing to. And did I mention it's free?

  • Greenwich Village: I haven't spent that much time in the Village since I got here, mainly because I live in the Bronx, but CM and I spent the evening there last night and I just loved it. So many adorable shops and hole-in-the-wall restaurants. I think it might rival the UWS for the title of my fave neighborhood. If you're there, check out the Corner Shop CafĂ©. Love it.

1 comment:

  1. You're really getting addicted to Lush products aren't you?

    Your peer pressure worked with this gal today. I've been hearing more and more things about mint.com and of course, seen their app in the App Store. My ASM had been telling me all about it but you tipped me over into signing up. I've been actually looking for a good budget thing...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...