Peer Pressure List, Vol. 13

  • Wash and fold laundry service: For 70 cents a pound, I can take my laundry around the corner in the morning and have it washed, dried, and folded for me by that evening when I get home from work. Why would I ever do my own laundry?

  • someecards.com: Their tagline is "ecards for when you care enough to hit send." It's true that it doesn't get much lower maintenance than an ecard, but if you're going to send one, this is the place to get it. Irreverent, hilarious, and often obscene, there are cards to fit any occasion. CM received one for V-Day, of course.

  • Thoroughly Modern Millie: I saw the Broadway musical a few years ago (with the incomparable Sutton Foster), but I had never seen the movie, starring Julie Andrews and Mary Tyler Moore. It's ridiculous. Completely ridiculous, but amazing. The very best part is Carol Channing, who does some craaaaazy dancing. It's a must-see.

  • seamlessweb.com: This ingenious website is a one-stop destination for food delivery in Manhattan (and 13 other cities—they're even expanding into Houston!). It makes ordering food so easy, and this week when we had intense winds, it was so much better to stay inside and order in than brave the weather to go out.

  • Screen sharing in iChat: When we're apart, CM and I spend a lot of time on iChat. During our V-Day iChat date, we discovered the screen sharing tool. CM was able to show me (in NYC) a photo album on his computer (in Houston). I never cease to be amazed by technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...