Peer Pressure List, Vol. 15

  • Lily Allen, It's Not Me, It's You: I loved her debut album, and while I'll probably always be loyal to it as her best, I've had her new CD on constantly for the past couple weeks. I think you'll like it, too.

  • GAP girl shorts: We're beyond that whole TMI thing, right, dear readers? So you won't be offended when I tell you that I am absolutely loving this underwear. It's cute, it's comfortable, and most importantly, it stays put all day. So far I've bought 9 pairs, but I don't think I'm finished yet.

  • Gotham Chamber Opera: I've now seen 2 productions with this small NYC company (the most recent being this week's L'isola disabitata), and both have been utterly charming and musically delicious. They hire great singers and orchestra musicians, and despite what I'm sure is a fairly small budget, pull of stylish, innovative productions. If I lived here, I would see everything they do. If you live here, you should.

  • Alice's Tea Cup: It's one of the girliest places I've been, and quite possibly one of the girliest places in the universe. Fairy dust (aka glitter) and Alice in Wonderland-themed merch abound, but backing it up are delicious scones, an intimidatingly massive tea list, and a fab brunch menu. I'll be back, but I probably won't be bringing any boys with me.

  • The Station Agent: This is a lovely, quiet film by the director of The Visitor. After much urging from CM, I Netflixed it and just adored it, especially Patricia Clarkson, who is just incredible in everything she does.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Alice's Tea Cup... I went there to meet my friend Kate (it was her idea). Amazing - I can't wait to go back!! I'm glad you've discovered it. I figured you knew about it or else I would've suggested it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I liked The Station Agent a lot, too.

    Have great opening night, break a leg, toi toi toi!

    Maybe we will fire up the RealPlayer - I wish we had satellite radio.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...