Peer Pressure List, Vol. 5

  • Clementines: Nothing says Christmas like an entire day where you eat nothing but clementines and cookies. I especially like the Cuties brand.

  • Joyeux Noël: One of those movies it's impossible to describe without using the word "heartwarming." It's in English, French, and German; takes place on Christmas Eve 1914 in France; and features opera singers (with singing dubbed by Natalie Dessay and Rolando Villazon). What's not to like?

  • Coquito: I was lucky enough to attend a party hosted by a Puerto Rican; otherwise I might never have discovered the delicious heaven that is coquito. It's the Puerto Rican equivalent of eggnog, but it's sooo much better.

  • St. Arnold's Christmas Ale: Made right here in Houston, this special holiday beer packs a punch (mostly due to its 8% alcohol content). I'm embarrassed to admit how many 6-packs CM and I have gone through this month. Oh well, Christmas (and Christmas Ale) only comes once a year, right? And yes, I am aware that two alcoholic drinks have made the list this week. Don't judge.

  • Deep tissue massage: I've been holding onto a massage gift certificate from the girls since my birthday, and this week seemed like the perfect time to use it. If you're in Houston, I highly recommend Luc at the White Salon. But you might want to carve out a whole day for it. I was so relaxed after it was done that I couldn't move from my couch the rest of the day.

My next post will be from VEGAS!

1 comment:

  1. And yes, I am aware that two alcoholic drinks have made the list this week. Don't judge.

    Except for alcoholics, the holidays are about good drinks. My new favorite? Hot cider with spiced rum - it'll warm you up in more ways than one.

    That'll make my happy list for this week for sure!

    Have fun in Vegas - can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...