Peer Pressure List, Vol. 3

  • Danny Kaye: To prepare for our upcoming Christmas vacation, we've been alternating holiday movies with Vegas movies. So far this week, we've covered Diamonds Are Forever, White Christmas, Viva Las Vegas, and The Muppet Christmas Carol. It was while watching White Christmas that I remembered how much I adore Danny Kaye. The ultimate triple threat, with impeccable comedic instincts thrown into the mix, he has always been one of my favorites. I had to watch The Court Jester right away to get my fix. You should, too.

  • Lush Ocean Salt: The Best Friend got me this incredible scrub for my birthday, and I've gotten into the habit of washing my face with it every morning in the shower (because it's never too early for vodka). I didn't bring it to Cali with me, and I got three pimples on my chin during the week I was there. Coincidence? I don't think so.

  • The Smart Set: I just discovered this online magazine, and I'm becoming addicted pretty quickly. It features lots of the travel writing I love so well, but they're also writing about ideas and personal stories and just about anything you can think of. And the writing is all really really good. Here's one of my favorite articles so far.

  • My beautiful bedding: I got this bedding out of storage a few weeks ago, and slept on it for the first time in well over a year. I'm especially loving it this week since I've been spending so much time in bed.

  • Metropolitan Opera HD Broadcasts: I haven't taken advantage of these as much as I should, mostly because by Saturday I'm usually all opera'd out, but I managed to see the latest, Robert Lepage's fascinating production of La Damnation de Faust, twice: once in a packed house, squinting because of a weak projector, and once in an audience of four with clear picture and painfully loud volume. So maybe the kinks haven't all quite been worked out, but it's still a great way to see these productions (and eat popcorn while doing so!). Oh, and if you want to see my name scroll by in the credits, you can do that on March 21 at 1pm EST. I'm just saying.

8 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you are in posting mode again!

    We started THE SEASON by watching The Grinch - what a great movie! - trying to forget the bit of Miracle on 34th Street remake we saw on TV. The Court Jester is cued up for New Year's eve. Or should be, according to an old German tradition.

    Pimples: Wouldn't you know it, I also got pimples on my chin while in “Cali.” But only two, and hidden by my beard. Diet?

    Bedding: One of our four favorite cats was released from exile and allowed a couple hours on the TV bed. Like the good old days.

    Met HD: It’s on the calendar, in RED. (Thanks for the subtle reminder). I think Eugene has it.

    Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got introduced to Lush myself - I so want to try the bath bombs, but I don't think my bathtub is suited to it.

    I did buy a Just Peach bar though - the Macy's in Chicago has a great Lush section.

    I'll have to try the Ocean Salt though - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "No cheeses for us meeces!"

    oh, Muppet Christmas Carol...

    WiseSop

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're back to your keyboard. I really look forward to your servings. And, oh yes, so pleased you're on the mend.
    Grandma B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louisa, I'm glad that it sounds like you are feeling better. Worried you had bubonic plague there. I'm using new-found freedom to catch up with modern life, like how to reply to blogs! My news is that I've got tickets for Dylan in April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking of White Christmas...I'm singing "Sisters" with a coworker at our holiday party. Gay? Yes. Hilarious? Absolutely. - Gay Husband

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hinzi: Lucky you to have a beard to cover up your pimples. :)

    Ann: I find the bath bombs a bit too intense for my liking. Also, steer clear of the ones with confetti in them, it sticks to your skin.

    WiseSop: Especially for us mouses!

    Grandma: I'll be sure to serve up some more soon!

    Sir Robin: Good to see you here! Exciting news about Dylan, though I always enjoy his music more when sung by someone else. :)

    Gay Husband: Please PLEASE tell me there are giant feather fans involved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Danny Kay!
    The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle, yes

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...