It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Christmas at the Bossy house is often a last-minute affair. We usually wait to do much of anything holiday-related until after Papa Bossy's birthday (that's today—happy 60th, PB!), and it is not unheard of for the Christmas shopping to begin on December 23rd.

So when I baked my first Christmas cookies Sunday night and started my shopping yesterday (when it was 75° outside, I might add), I was pretty proud of myself for being ahead of the game. Until I entered the world everyone else lives in and discovered that Target was already out of tree stands and every brand of clear lights with green wire, that is. And then I happened to look at a calendar and realized that we leave for Vegas in less than 2 weeks. Ack!

While our laissez-faire attitude to holiday preparations might lead you to believe Christmas doesn't matter much to the Bossy family, you would be dead wrong. I love Christmas. Adore it, in fact. And I'm especially excited about this one because it's my first with CameraMan (and definitely my first in Vegas). So, in the 12 days left in Houston, here's what I'm looking forward to:
  • Baking, baking, and more baking. My KitchenAid mixer is on standby, so please do send me your favorite cookie recipes, either as a comment or to littlemsbossyblog at gmail.

  • Ice skating! Outside! In Houston! It's true.

  • Attempting to shop efficiently and economically. Ha.

  • Getting a tree, carting it home, setting it up, and decorating it.

  • Lighting candles with wintry scents like cranberry and pine and vanilla.

  • Keeping the Santa Mix on shuffle all day long.

  • Stuffing my face with yummy things and washing it all down with hot chocolate.

  • A continuation of our Christmas movie/Vegas movie theme. Next up, the original Ocean's Eleven.
Oh, and visions of sugarplums, obvs. What's on your list?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about efficient; but due to the economy tanking, some of the retailers are desperate. And especially as you grow closer to Christmas, the deals will get better and better. If they're necessities or hot items. they might be heavily dscounted... bonus to you!

    That's how I survived stocking up for an Alaskan winter.

    I'm looking forward to baking my own cookies here in STL this week (because my parents have a kitchenaid mixer,. and I do not) before finally heading back to Houston. Despite all the apartment hassle, I'm looking forward to warmer weather before heading off to the arctic.

    I'll send cookie recipe via email because its long-ish but yummy!

    If I don't see you before Vegas, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...