You have stolen my heart

The internet is a strange and wondrous place. It's a place where you can find your match based on 29 dimensions of compatibility. A place where you can make your own Bollywood movie. A place where you can order little blue pills without a prescription at drastically reduced prices, or so my emails tell me (disappointed there's no link for this one?).

And it's apparently a place where you can come to my blog, copy my posts, run them through a German translator program, and post them on your own blog.

Yes, dear readers, Little Ms. Bossy is now being read in two languages. There are posts of mine on 3 separate sites (each of which consists of nothing but other people's blogs translated into almost-German). I'm listed variously as Kleine Frau Herrisch, Kleines Ms Bossy, and Kleine Frau Bossy. Not much care is being put into the translation unless the goal is to make Germans laugh uproariously, like Papa Bossy did when I sent him the links. Kleine Frau Herrisch is a quirky girl with strange, idiosyncratic German. The phrase "6000 terra cotta soldiers?" Translated as "der Terra von 6000 Baumwollensoldaten." Oops. Terra cotta and cotton, very difficult to keep straight. She also got confused by the phrase "I.D.s" and wrote "ich. D.s." She referred to The New Oregonian as my "datum," which is definitely the wrong kind of date. I could go on and on.

So, the question has to be, WHY?!? What is the point? I guess I should be upset about it, but I'm too busy laughing my a** off.

Oh, and I don't know if you noticed, but I went 2 full days without blogging, and I did not enjoy it ONE BIT! Did you miss me? *batting eyelashes*

7 comments:

  1. Kleine Frau Herrisch,

    It seems, if you ever stop to look at your 89 daily spams before deleting them, that a lot of them are feeding on computer translated text totally unrelated to the 'message.' You may have noticed that your translated blogments are used to sell drugs. Not that that makes it less annoying.

    If you still wonder WHY, I suggest re-reading your copy of Alice in Wonderland.

    Vater Herrisch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we missed you! My refresh button is getting totally stripped. Your 24 hours at the never-klosing Katz's also had me worried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlie! Yep, you surmised correctly from my post :) So close to being in the sun instead of the freezing cold! But I DO send best wishes to the singer in question and hope that the show continues to rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the only way to keep this blog alive until after The Refuge premiére tomorrow is to add more or less meaningful comments, like this [less], to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are reports of a severe epidemic of LittleMsBossy withdrawal in the Pacific Northwest. Meteorologists are hoping that the worst LMB drought of the century will soon be over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...