It's a helluva town

This post comes to you from the lovely apartment of La Québécoise, a pianist friend of mine from Wolf Trap. From the couch where I am writing, I have an amazing view of the city out of her 19th floor window, and her adorable dog Lulu is keeping me company. LQ is quite the hostess with the mostest, so I have already eaten a balanced breakfast of grapefruit and oatmeal and showered with yummy Origins products. Hurray for New York!

Little Ms. Bossy's been MIA for a while, but not without reason. Last week I closed Daughter; rehearsed, opened, and closed The Refuge; packed for my many trips; and logged 65 hours on my timesheet. So, no blogging for me. And as for my 30-day project? Don't make me laugh. There is lots to be said about The Refuge, which was a big success and a life-changing experience for all involved, but I'm still processing it.

You certainly couldn't expect me to blog last week when I didn't even have the time to plan my trip to New York. I arrived here Sunday with very few arrangements, so few that I didn't even know where I was going to be staying, but, of course, everything has worked out for the best. My first day here overlapped with the tail end of CameraMan's trip (he's traveling on the Wolf Trap audition tour). He had the whole day off, so we spent most of it being tourists. It was gorgeous weather, so we walked and walked all over town. We went to the top of the Rockefeller Center and took pictures of the amazing view, briefly looked at Ground Zero, walked over the Brooklyn Bridge (most of the way), ate dinner in Little Italy (where the food was just like something you might find in Big Italy, according to CameraMan), went out for drinks on the Upper West Side, and ate cannoli late at night. Touristy, maybe, but all in all a perfect New York day. Not only that, but I was able to crash on the couch in his palatial Upper West Side hotel suite (never thought I would write that phrase).

Yesterday was wonderful, too. One of the best things about coming to New York is catching up with old friends. After breakfast with CameraMan, he was off to the airport, and I walked to the MoMA to meet The Banker, my one friend from high school with whom I keep in touch. After the museum, it was off to an extremely early dinner with My Gay Husband, followed by dessert at Rockefeller Center. Then I met OperaDaddy and the talented Ms. Wilson for a movie in Times Square. We had fun, although the movie was so terrible and so disappointing and so not worth the Manhattan ticket prices. (Seriously, people, do NOT see this movie. Not even at Christmas time.) Then it was back to the UWS to settle in at LQ's place and have some girl talk.

And today? The rescheduled Interview that Never Was, more catch-up time with friends, and a piano recital at Carnegie Hall with My Gay Husband. Maybe some photography time thrown in there as well, although today the weather is a bit bleak.

Start spreading the news. Indeed.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're having fun so far. Say hello to the city for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the perfect New York day. I can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so bummed that I missed you in NYC! But you should know that, if we're ever there together I'll totally be dragging you to Madame Tussaud's for chessy wax-people pictures. Be forewarned.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT POST! I hope it went well - I am sure it did!

    Sending you good vibes from across the pond...

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...