All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go


The challenges of packing light for a wintry month in Europe put up a good fight, but I am happy to say that I beat them into submission (see above). Impressed?

Today's the big day. My flight leaves at 3:50 pm. The past day and a half have seemed like a never-ending checklist.
  • Passport with my name on it? Check.
  • Copies of all relevant info for flights and language school? Check.
  • Notified banks that I am leaving the country so that they don't freeze my accounts? Check.
  • Read far too many iPhone forums to see how to use my phone overseas only to decide that I will leave it off for the duration of my stay? Check.
  • Loaded up the iPod with podcasts, new music (Thanks, New Oregonian and CameraMan!), and language lessons? Check.
  • Packed my toiletries case so full that the zipper broke and I had to buy a new one? Check.
  • Stocked up on trashy magazines to read on the plane? Check.
  • Petted my kitten and told her not to forget me while I'm gone? Check.
  • Juiced up the iPhone, iPod, camera batteries, and laptop? Check.
  • Got pulled over and cited for having a headlight out, expired state inspection, and expired proof of insurance? Check. Check. Check.

While I'm gone, I will be blogging and posting pictures as often as I can. If you miss me, you can email me at my new account: littlemsbossyblog at gmail.

Every place I go, I'll think of you,
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you.

5 comments:

  1. Woo hoo... have a great trip because I have to live vicariously through your travels! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful wonderful trip! You're on the airplane right now, so I hope that you are NOT in a middle seat, and that your bags come out unharmed at the other end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're more fun than ever! We SHALL BE entertained! LOve you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a packing genius. I aspire to your brevity...today I checked two bags that were exactly 50 lbs. After switching shoes and books around so that neither was over. I hope you are having fun...I can't wait for the next blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief... what a list... and what a day. But happy and safe travels to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...