Sundays in New York: Union Square


The weather in New York the past couple days has been a gift. The city begs to be explored, without a coat, until your feet are aching. I spent a few hours discovering the area around Union Square—I love it! Turns out, Union Square itself is occupied by a holiday market setting up (I'll have to go back once it's open), but there's plenty to see and do nearby.

First stop: Vapiano for lunch. Obviously. It felt like home.




Then a wander through the amazing shopping nearby. The Strand bookstore is one of my favorite places in the world. I could lose a whole day in there.





Nearby is ABC Carpet & Home, which is a giant home store and a great place to get inspired. Also wonderful for buying gifts. I picked up a little something for CM's Christmas stocking. Then on to the Marimekko 5th Avenue flagship store, where I lusted after a navy puffy coat with yellow polka dots (sorry, I can't find it online), but didn't pull the trigger. I did, however, stop by Restoration Hardware to nab a soft cozy blanket for my apartment here. Once the weather remembers it's November, I'll need it.

My day wasn't all shopping, though. There's lots to see outside. The iconic Flatiron building must be photographed as much as possible.




And Madison Square Park is a lovely place to relax. And there's a Shake Shack outpost inside! If I hadn't been full of carbonara I would have been tempted to get a burger.







I finished out my Sunday adventure with a walk around the perimeter of Gramercy Park, which requires a coveted key given only to its neighbors. Oh, to live in a stunning Gramercy townhouse and to have the Park as my backyard...



What adventures have you been on lately? And where shall I go this week?


All photos by LMB, with my iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tour of New York - I had no idea about the exclusivity of Gramercy Park - and you've made me hungry for Vapiano! Or a burger.

    Glad the weather is lovely! Hope it forgets that it is November for awhile, though you are well-armed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog, written by a location scout, has tons of fun and unique NYC spots:
    http://www.scoutingny.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...