Loving/Craving

Today I'm

LOVING my 6€ H&M sunglasses. I lost my signature green sunglasses somewhere around the end of last summer, and I haven't been able to bring myself to replace them. Until we got to Vegas, that is, where the sun was so bright I complained pretty much constantly about my lack of proper eyewear. I found the perfect pair at H&M yesterday! And, if I lose these ones, I won't be heartbroken because they were cheap cheap cheap.


CRAVING gelato. Non-stop. Except that CM tells me we're on a diet to be hot for the wedding, and he's "keeping me honest" by not caving into my Acme anvil-sized hints about stopping at every Zanoni & Zanoni we pass. My favorite thing to order at German ice cream cafés of my youth was the Spaghettieis, vanilla ice cream made to look like spaghetti, with strawberry sauce (marinara) and coconut or almonds (parmesan) on top. I'm obviously MUCH too sophisticated for that now (ahem), but maybe I'll sneak away this week for a cone when CM's at work.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Spaghettieis!!! I LOVED that stuff when I was a kid. I've tried to replicate it using a potato ricer, but it has never been as good as it was as a 6-yo in Germany...

    Thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...