You had me at nut dumplings

On Tuesday I broke every rule of my three-rule diet. It was Day Two of Five.

Here's the thing. I'm all for cleansing and detoxing and whatnot, but when I go out to dinner, I don't want to be the girl who drinks water and eats a small salad, dressing on the side. So when a friend happened to be coming to Vienna for one night, what was I to do? Use him as an excuse for CM and me to try an amazing restaurant, of course. I dragged myself out of my bed and my pjs, spackled my red nose with concealer, and ordered whatever I wanted at Österreicher im MAK, a chic restaurant in the contemporary arts museum. Pumpkin cream soup with Styrian pumpkin seed oil (an Austrian specialty), salad, and Krautfleckerl (noodles with caramelized cabbage). And since I was already having white flour, I broke the No Alcohol rule and shared a bottle of wine with the men. And after that, it was a slippery slope leading right to dessert.

It was listed as Nut dumplings with marzipan sauce and nougat (on our ENGLISH menus—embarrassing, I know), so of course we had to get it. "One dumpling, three spoons," we said, and that's exactly what we got.

18/365
It was totally worth it. (And do you like the place mat?)

In other news, I'm all better today and a whole new girl. I'd like to think indulging in comfort food helped me along the road to recovery. That's plausible, right?

1 comment:

  1. If you're going to be break the diet, you might as well make it worth it - sounds like it was!

    NICE placemat... I thought those were monkeys but on closer inspection... wow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...