The slug in pajamas shall rise again

There is a whole lot of counting down going on over here: 4 more days, 3 more nights, 1 more performance…and then 1 8-hour flight and I'll be home (umm…that's VIENNA for those of you who haven't been paying attention). I could not be more impatient or excited.

If you've been reading here for a while, you're probably expecting an epic to-do list for my 5 weeks at home, maybe a self-improvement course of some kind, or a radical diet. Well, think again. I am planning…nothing. I am looking forward to a real vacation more than I can express in words. Every time I wax poetic about staying in my pjs and not leaving the apartment, CM rolls his eyes, but that is exactly what I intend to do. For at least a week. I have plenty of pajamas to last me, and I've been downloading books to my Kindle like it's my job. A week from now you will find me sitting on the couch under a blanket, sipping Nespresso, petting a purring Bossy Cat, and reading for pleasure. Sounds heavenly, no? And then CM will come home from work and mix cocktails, and we'll hang out and talk about our days, IN PERSON. And then when we go to bed we won't have to write each other good night emails, because we'll be together, IN THE SAME PLACE. Oh, I can't wait.

What are you reading these days, my dears? I still have lots of Christmas Kindle cash, and I'm taking suggestions. So far I've amassed The Year of the Flood, The Metropolis Case, Unbroken, Room, Super Sad True Love Story, The Lonely Polygamist, and Just Kids. Normally, that would be plenty to last me through any 5-week period (or 5-month period, for that matter), but in my new life as a Slug in Pajamas, I might need more. Whatcha got for me?


Here's a picture of Christmas decorations at the Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle. You should enjoy my last few NYC photos, because starting next week it's entirely possible you'll be getting nothing but pictures of my cat.


4/365

8 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to come home and be super-lazy. I've totally been there. Enjoy it! A week spent reading with your cat nearby sounds amazing.

    Enjoy your time at home! I think there are two people (ok, one person and one cat) who are very much looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved 'Everything Matters' by Ron Currie Jr. It's nerdy, but I loved it.

    enjoy home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louisa! I just finished reading The Year of the Flood! I was at Half-Price Books and was suddenly shocked at how long ago I read Margaret Atwood (so fabulous), so I picked it up. I enjoyed it, although it wasn't tied up neatly at the end. That doesn't really bother me though - when is life ever tied up neatly? Great writing, intriguing religious/societal concepts and very engaging characters. Plus, it was a godsend during my 4-hour trip to the DPS to renew my driver's license. ;) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. Warning, once you get started, you might not get off the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Sad True Love Story! So good! May I also recommend Sonata Mulattica by Rita Dove? And coffee with me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Cry ing Tree by Naseem Rakha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo THE HUNGER GAMES. I just finished book one. in 2 days. because it was just that good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the bet books I've read recently is The Geography of Bliss. In fact I'm going to re-read it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...