If I could be any gangster*…

…I would be Dennis Farina in Get Shorty. Here's a little clip in case you missed it in 1995 when it came out. (Don't watch this if you don't like violence and/or the liberal use of the F-bomb.) Incidentally, if I could be anyone on Law & Order, I would also be Dennis Farina, but that has more to do with the time I would get to spend with Jesse L. Martin than anything else.



The key part of this video (although the whole thing is gold, especially the phrase "F***k you, f**kball") is about 1:30 in, when the other gangster says "Hey, get in line!" and Dennis Farina says, "Hey, but I don't like waiting in lines." Indeed.

I am an impatient person. I like my gratification instant (but my oatmeal old-fashioned). I make decisions quickly, but I rarely regret them. This has backfired a few times in the past (can anyone say "iPhone price reduction"?), but not enough to teach me the virtue of patience.

You see, there's this camera. You may have seen it mentioned on my sidebar for the past couple months. It's the Canon Digital Rebel XSi, it's brand new, it's amazing, and it's hitting stores April 27.

Except that this morning I got an email saying that it was available NOW. The email must have been written especially for me, because it used all my favorite phrases, like "limited quantities," and "first come, first served," and "Little Ms. Bossy, you know you want it." So I waited about, oh, 5 minutes, and then ordered one. It is at this very moment winging its way toward me, and it should arrive tomorrow afternoon (because when you're spending $900 on a camera you might as well pay $40 for next-day shipping, especially if the next day in question is an opening night).

I can hardly contain my excitement. I have already bought everything I need to give my new camera a good home: a case, a portrait lens, and a new 2GB memory card. All that's left is for the actual camera to arrive. Oh, and for me to learn how to use it. I'm counting down the hours.

Thank goodness KT is arriving from the Windy City for a visit tonight, so I'll be distracted.

It's also good that the camera is coming in the mail.

Because, hey, I don't like waiting in lines.



*not to be confused with gangsta

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it... and the pictures you'll take with it. I myself posted about tech lust today... after our conversation about cameras...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet moses...you kill me


    Wise Sop (who apparently is not so good at imparting the wisdom...eh?)
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! You'll love it and I have no doubt you will be a master at it. You already turn out beautiful images with your current camera.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...