Little Ms. Busy

Let's see, what's been happening since we last spoke…

There was the night out with BrandNewMiniCooperGirl to see a lineup of sensitive singer/songwriter types often listed in the sidebar here, including Cary Brothers, Joshua Radin, Sara Bareilles, and my fave Ingrid Michaelson (what started out as respect and admiration has developed into a full-blown girl crush). There were sore feet and a completely inept sound guy who had apparently gone deaf from working too many concerts and far too many girls around us singing along at the top of their lungs (please, ladies, save it for the shower). That was a good day.

Then there was the first day of rehearsal that the director was too sick to come to. More specifically, the first day of rehearsal which consisted of two 3-hour sessions with the chorus, children's chorus, and supers (61 people, but who's counting). There was cramming and hyperventilating and false bravado. And then, wouldn't you know it, there were two great rehearsals, followed by beer and huge sighs of relief. That was a good day.

Except that the sighs came too soon, because then there was the second day of rehearsal, and the director was still sick, and this time it was rehearsal with the principals. On Act I of Bohème. There were introductions and handshakes and laughter and ideas and solutions. That was a good day.

And then the director was back and he saw what I had done and didn't feel the need to change everything. I got to relax and just do my job, the one I know how to do without thinking too hard about it. There was admiration and connection and a canceled evening rehearsal and a night in. That was a good day.

Then there were a few days that all run together. There were late mornings and light work days and nights out with my Soulmate (Unicorn Girl) who was visiting from North Carolina and margaritas and bar food. There was a twilight tour at Bayou Bend and a bar I've never been to before and picture-taking and other loveliness. Those were good days.

At which point we arrive at today, Easter Sunday, my free day for the week. There was a run outside with a buddy and mimosas and omelets and Mama Bossy's famous braided loaf recipe and a walk to Hermann Park and the discovery of the children's section of the Zoo and lots of time on the couch and Weeds and frozen pizza and Casablanca for the first time. And even though it's not quite over yet, I think I can say with some certainty…

This was a good week.

3 comments:

  1. Saw the Hotel Cafe Tour- I'd have to say AM has been my favorite so far. Waiting to get his duet with Meiko New Road as I just ordered the cd. You won't find much about him unless you are an internet wiz as he is impossible to Google. He is on tour with my other favorite Gary Jules (Mad world/ from Donnie Darko). I like the sweater song too.. but not the rogaine lyric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Little Ms. Bossy, how I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week to me. Aren't good weeks good for the soul?

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...