All the news that's fit to print

  • After 26 1/2 years of not being allergic to anything, I seem to have developed allergies to something (air? perfect weather? who knows?) in the past 2 days. Itchy watery eyes, stuffy nose, sneezing, the whole shebang. I'm not messing with Texas, but she seems to be messing with me.

  • CameraMan took new headshots of me (and The Wise Soprano and The Talented Ms. Wilson) this morning. If you behave yourself, I just might let you pick your favorite. Stay tuned.

  • We start staging rehearsals for Bohème in exactly a week. I am très excited.

  • I think I'm getting better at photography. This is a shameless plug to check out my Flickr page.

  • Last night my kitten was very naughty in the middle of the night. She kept closing the door to my bedroom and then meowing to get out. This was a first, and contributed to some irrational grumpiness on my part re: Daylight Savings Time. I'm over it now.

  • No Country for Old Men rocked my world. It totally deserved every Oscar it won, and if there was an Oscar for Most Badass in a Supporting Role, or Freakiest Use of a Weapon I've Never Heard Of, or Best Shot of a Gross Bone Sticking Out of Skin, or Best Reason Not to Live in Rural Texas, it would have won all of those, too. Hands down.

  • Last week I went to the zoo twice. This week I didn't go at all. This will be rectified very soon.

  • This week I cooked. Twice. Trust me, this qualifies as news.

  • A couple of Bossy Relations were in town last night on a layover before traveling to Costa Rica to build houses. Their visit resulted in me eating some of the best barbeque ever. Check it out.

  • I've had some mood swings in the past few days, I'm not going to lie. But I'm happy to say that I'm back on top, relaxing with my cat after a delicious salmon dinner, and ready for the week ahead. Or I will be, as soon as I take my new anti-allergy medicine.

2 comments:

  1. My allergies have been acting up lately, too. I'm sorry you've joined that particular bandwagon. May it only be a temporary thing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allergies... ugh. They can hit at any time and they hit HARD!!! I love this odd little thing called a neti-pot. The commercial brand is "Sinu-Cleanse." It's like a little teapot with a long spout. You put a saline mixture in, pour it into one nostril and it comes out the other. Sounds gross (it kind of is) and sounds bizarre but it really does clean out your sinuses without the drying effects of medication.
    Commercial over, you may now return to your regularly scheduled blogging/singing/photographing. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...