Sunday, Monday, happy days


When I’m not working, my days tend to flow together. I end up languishing in bed far too late, overanalyzing, and experiencing daily rollercoaster mood swings that usually only come once a month. I try to establish some sort of routine, but without anywhere I have to be, it never lasts. So, to convince myself that the week has not been a total waste, here’s The Week in Review.

Monday: Labor-free, which didn’t make it much different from any other day. On my way out to take pictures, it started pouring as soon as I left my house. Still managed to take some halfway decent watery pictures and discovered parts of Houston I hadn’t seen before.

Tuesday: Bought a tripod. Haven’t used it yet. Walked around Hermann Park with CameraMan and took in the fauna, which included a dragonfly, an egret, and two muskrats (one on land, one in the water). Muskrats are gross. And fascinating. Drank beer and ate mozzarella sticks with the girls while taking many (drunken) pictures with my camera accidentally on the nighttime setting. I’m arty.

Wednesday: Got my hair done, which took 3 hours. Spent much of the rest of the day admiring myself in the mirror and a bit of time studying Daughter of the Regiment.

Thursday: A red-letter day for me career-wise, but I can’t talk about any of it yet (ha, I’ve always wanted to do that). Mourned the amazing Pavarotti by listening to him sing lots of glorious high C’s on my Daughter recording. Saw a fantastic play about Florence Foster Jenkins, where I listened to lots of not-so-glorious high Q’s. Ran into an ex-colleague who tried to convince me the “Jewel Song” was from Manon Lescaut. She was wrong. More beer and mozzarella sticks. And mini burgers. Yum.

Friday: More studying. And shopping! Bought a hot green opening night dress, new jeans, sunglasses, and more. Indian food with Nathan for dinner. Watched a really great (and disturbing) movie. See it.

And now? After gorging myself on a Nutella banana crepe, I am sitting in a café with my laptop and my husband, getting some work done. Tonight we’re going to an art opening which is bound to be inspirational, so tomorrow I’ll probably be out with my camera again. I’m trying to embrace the free time, since it’s going to be the last I have for quite a while.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a full week to me!

    What is better, comments like this, or no comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg...you are WAY more productive than I am when you have time off. I just work on getting that dent in my couch juuuust riiiight. Go you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had seen Jesus Camp, also. I tend to agree. Recent reading on the topic includes "The God Delusion" which left me bummed as I found an impediment to dialogue. More positive was Creation, by E.O. Wilson, a pitch from a secular humanist to the religious to help save the earth. Wilson is a beautiful writer.

    A pretty movie to see - Winged Migration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Haven't done that much this whole year! I loved every moment of your downtime! Let's see, what SHALL I do today? Hmmmmmm......

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...