It's getting hot in here

I adore fall. Everything about it. That crisp feeling in the air. The promise of a new start. Tights and boots with wooly miniskirts and velvet blazers. The way a breeze can change the atmosphere of the whole day. Putting the down comforter on the bed. Snuggly cats. New seasons of my favorite TV. Watching everybody’s tans fade so they look pale like me. The much lower electric bill. Sweaters. Switching from iced to regular at Starbucks. My birthday. Feeling cozy and close instead of too hot for physical contact. Hair that doesn’t frizz the moment I go outside. Pumpkin pie. Opening windows.

Have I mentioned I live in Houston? Today’s high is 93°.

On the bright side, I’m spending the day at the beach with my girlfriends and then seeing an opera outside in a garden. Jealous?

1 comment:

  1. The more you write the more I like reading it. Thanks. rosagina

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...