My heart is leapin', I'm havin' trouble sleepin'

I have not been sleeping well since I got back to Houston. I think several factors are coming into play to destroy my sleep, including the human heater who shares my bed and the cats who got used to sleeping on my side of the bed while I was gone this summer and are loath to give up the habit. I suffered through it for about a week thinking it would get better once I got used to being home, but it didn’t. Then I went several days meaning to buy over-the-counter sleep medicine and forgetting. Finally, one night I decided to take Nyquil, which we already had in the house, despite the fact that I didn’t display any symptoms of sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, or fever. That night I did, however, get the best sleep I ever got with a cold.

Unfortunately, the next time I took Nyquil we had the loudest thunderstorm in the history of the world (at least it seemed like it at the time), so I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t get back to sleep. The next day I felt woozy all day and ended up sleeping on the couch for most of the morning and afternoon. This experience prompted me to actually go to the drugstore and buy sleep medication. I’ve been taking that for 2 nights now, and it doesn’t seem to be doing much good at all. And, to make matters worse, when I wake up, Nathan wakes up (we don’t have one of those mattresses where you can put a glass of wine on it and then jump up and down without the wine spilling), and then the cats all wake up and think that it’s morning, even if it’s 3am. Yeah, we’re rockin’ it “Nessun dorma” style at the Daughtrey house.

Tonight I’m breaking out all the big guns I can think of. I plan on drinking wine, taking a hot bath, popping pills, and sipping Sleepytime tea. Don’t call me in the morning; I’ll be sleeping in (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...