The cake you should make this weekend



I just spent a lovely couple days in Salzburg with the fabulous Snellybean, who showed me all around town, hiked up mountains with me, and steered me away from all but the best Mozartkugel. She was the perfect hostess in every way, but maybe the best thing she did was to introduce me to the two-ingredient Nutella cake. Possibly I'm the last to hear about it (clearly I need to spend more time on Pinterest), but let me tell you, this might just be the recipe for a perfect weekend.

All you need are 4 eggs and 1 cup of Nutella. Whisk those eggs up in a bowl until they're fluffy and lemon-colored. We did 10 minutes with a hand mixer, but lucky you if you have a stand mixer and can let it do the work for you. Meanwhile, heat the Nutella for 60 seconds in the microwave. Then, slowly pour the warm Nutella into the egg mixture, continuing to whisk, until it's completely mixed. Pour the batter into a greased and parchment paper-lined square brownie pan, put it in a 350 degree oven for 25–30 minutes, and let the magic happen. It's done when it pulls away from the edges of the pan and a knife comes out clean. It's a gorgeous brownie/cake hybrid, moist with a flaky layer on top.

Highly recommended still warm with vanilla ice cream. Also delicious for breakfast the next day.

I'M GUESSING.


Photo taken by CameraMan at Eataly in NYC (aka Heaven)

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for visiting me!! I've missed you so much and it was lovely to share a few days of quality girl time. I'm so happy to have had a reason to make that cake. It's the easiest thing to make & I agree - it's amazingly delicious, fresh-from-the-oven a la mode or as the breakfast of champions. Not that we know anything about that... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I had the best time! Can't wait for the next visit. Please research other baked goods to share... :)

      Delete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...