Sleepwalk with me

I'm a huge fan of the comedian Mike Birbiglia. I first heard him on This American Life, or maybe it was The Moth. CM and I have seen both his one-man shows in New York, and I also saw him in a secret This American Life live Christmas show a couple years ago. We love him, and for a while there not everyone knew about him, so we would talk about how great he was and people would just sort of nod and smile while their eyes glazed over, because trying to explain someone else's comedy never really works. We felt like we had discovered him or something, when in fact it turns out he's a big star, and at this point many, many people have heard of him and love him as fiercely as we do.

He's made a film that opens this weekend: Sleepwalk With Me. I could not be more excited about it. Here's the trailer so you can get excited, too.



If you're in NYC, go see the film this weekend! Mike Birbiglia and Ira Glass are doing a Q & A after every screening Friday and Saturday. If you're somewhere else, sit tight for a week and THEN see the movie when it opens in your town.

4 comments:

  1. So when are you going, and do you want company? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going Saturday and I already have a date, but let's get together soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I ADORE him. I downloaded all of his appearances on This American Life and some solo shows while Blas and I were driving the last leg back to DC from New Orleans. Might have saved our relationship ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...