Because Joyce told me to

Memes aren't usually my thing, but how could I turn down the lovely Yankeediva?

Rules:

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Ten Years Ago:

10 years ago I was preparing for high school graduation, at which I sang "Take Me to the World." I had horrendous short hair that I was convinced looked like Meg Ryan's. My favorite outfit was denim shortalls, a purple tank top, and a matching purple bra with the straps showing. I was head over heels in love with my high school boyfriend, who was planning to get married the summer after our junior year in college, a feat he subsequently accomplished without me. My family was preparing for a summer vacation through Europe with my Aunt and Uncle Bossy, along with one of the Bossy cousins who was at the obnoxious age of 12 (although, to be fair, 16 wasn't much less obnoxious). I was über-excited about going to college, so much so that I was corresponding heavily with my roommate in order to coordinate bedding colors, etc.

Five Things on Today's "To Do" List
  • Finish making my Bohème score pretty. And my Flute score. Hey, I never claimed to be anything but a procrastinator.
  • Brush my kitten. She's shedding like crazy now that it's summer.
  • Listen to some friends sing/play a recital.
Umm…I'm on summer vacation. My "to do" list isn't long enough for 5 things. 3 will have to be enough.

Things I'd Do If I Were a Billionaire:
  • Travel, travel, and more travel.
  • Buy a home and make it perfect.
  • Donate to the Obama campaign and assorted charities.
  • So many gadgets I cannot even begin to list them.

Three Bad Habits:
  • Procrastinating. See above.
  • My iTunes addiction. It's getting out of hand.
  • Spending far too much time on the internet.

Five Places I've Lived:
  • Westerly, RI
  • Salem, OR
  • Appleton, WI
  • Greensboro, NC
  • Houston, TX

Five Jobs I've Had:
  • Writing tutor
  • Retail clerk at The Limited
  • Voice teacher
  • Assistant stage manager
  • Director!

Five People I'm Tagging:

The Carters
Melissa
Photine
CaliBoy
KT

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid that the meme will die with me, but I *did* do it.
    http://photine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/05/things-about-me.html

    You can't say no to Little Ms. Bossy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the GUILT!!! Thanks for playing, anyway! The main reason I passed it on is I love seeing what we all were doing 10 years ago, convinced that so much rested on those decisions and BAD short haircuts!! I love the perspective it gives!!!!

    CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bossy Cat,
    I'm sorry to hear you are shedding. Run away to visit me in Colorado, and I will brush you. Then you can sit on my lap and we can watch Six Feet Under together. Tell your mama those scores will be fine no matter what happens. Tell her to look at mine and she'll feel better.
    Love,
    The New Oregonian

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...