Weep not for the memories

We had some good times, you and I. When I think back to when things had just started between us, I still get those giddy butterflies in my stomach. You were so attentive. You knew exactly what I needed, and you were there to provide it at any time of the day or night. We laughed, we cried, you distracted me from the realities of my life. If I had a bad day at work and I needed some comfort, you were waiting for me when I got home to make me laugh. If I was all keyed up after a great rehearsal, you stayed up with me until I fell asleep. I couldn’t stop talking about you; all my friends got tired of hearing me drop your name.

But then you became possessive and jealous. You didn’t like me to go out with my friends. I would ask you to do something for me and just to spite me you would refuse. I started feeling like I couldn’t leave you home alone. You were making me into a homebody. It got difficult for me to even answer the phone while we were together, though your flexibility in that regard had been one of the things I liked so much about you at the beginning. I knew I had to end it one way or another.

I thought our trial separation this summer would be much more difficult than it was. Oh, I heard what you were up to from friends, but it all seemed like such a very long time ago that we were so close. I guess that distance makes it easier for me to say this:

Goodbye, TiVo. You will be missed, but it’s time for me to move on with my life.

2 comments:

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...