A very good place to start

Welcome to the very first posting on my very first blog! In fact, you may very well be the very first visitor (Hi, Mom). Various factors have converged to cause me to take the leap into blogdom, including but not limited to:

  • The continued encouragement of ACB;

  • The month of unemployment stretching in front of me;

  • The desperate hope that writing here will somehow make up for my complete inability to keep in touch with the people I love; and, of course,

  • My self-involved (some might say perverse) desire to share my most inner thoughts, embarrassing moments, and passive aggressive tendencies with you!

It remains to be seen what this blog will be. It might take me a while to find my voice and to decide whether I can stand the sound of it. On the other hand, it might not last more than a week. Starting a blog is more complicated than you might think. Lots of decisions to make. For example, which is less annoying: giving all your friends inside jokey nicknames, or referring to everyone by their initials? I'm leaning toward the former, although if you notice, I've already done the latter once in this post.

Coming soon: What I Did On My Summer Vacation

5 comments:

  1. Someone directed me to make a comment, so I will say this:

    I can hardly wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you go. Favorite sentence: "It might take me a while to find my voice and to decide whether I can stand the sound of it." :)

    go Lou Lou go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."

    - Oscar Wilde

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!

    Remember, it's not unemployment, it's "vacation."

    And yes, you called me ACB, but that is both a funny nickname and my initials, so don't feel that it has tied you to a pattern! Feel free to give me another funny nickname!

    YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Eloper,

    If I still had a blog I would write you a poem about the fine art of the "Jokey Nickname." But I don't, so I will instead continue to annoy you on your blog instead of mine. Thank you for creating an outlet for my need to occasionally mock you.

    RM

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...