Instagram Paris

We had 4 days off over Easter weekend, so while all the Europeans in the cast went home to see their families, I took a fast train to Paris to hang out by myself eating croissants and wandering the streets. I used Airbnb for the first time, and it was a huge success! I ended up in this little apartment in the heart of St. Germain-des-Prés—I highly recommend it for 1 person (or 2 who like each other a lot).

I lugged my big camera with me to Geneva and then to Paris, but I haven't found myself reaching for it very often. It's so much easier just to grab my iPhone, and I'm especially loving Instagram (@littlemsbossy, natch). Here are a few shots from my Parisian weekend.


Lucky for me, Maison Kayser was just a few blocks away. Croissants and croissants aux amandes and baguettes for (almost) every meal.




 Of course every vacation needs a little opera thrown in. Or a lot of opera. Siegfried!




The view from the window of my apartment. Because it was a 5th-floor walk-up. Phew.




I've written about it before (here and here), but for me no visit to Paris is complete without time spent in the beautiful Water Lily rooms at  the Musée de l'Orangerie. This is my happy place. They seem to have abolished photography since I was last there. Rules are made for breaking, I say.




I had a lovely Easter morning at the Museum of Everything, which definitely deserves its own post.




French study is trés important, n'est-ce pas?




The gorgeous Seine. I loved staying on the Left Bank and crossing over the river several times a day.




Gare de Lyon as I waited for my train back to Geneva.



I got back to Geneva feeling rejuvenated and ready to get back to work. Sometimes a tiny vacation is all you need—such a gift in the middle of a rehearsal period. Have you taken any little vacations lately?

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely mini-break! I took a mini break to RI and CT - but not half as exciting as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of the Gare de Lyon! It looks like

    a. you got there too early
    b. you got there too late
    c. you are on the wrong platform
    d. you are in Scotland, where there are no trains on holidays...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a mini-break!

    I have found myself leaning more and more on my iPhone as my main camera. I feel a little guilty about that, but the times I have learned to let that guilt go it is really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...