Happy weekend!

Oh my goodness, it's February. Wowza. During January I dropped off the face of the planet and right into mid nineteenth-century Bohemian Paris, and I'm just now emerging back into the real world (although the show opened almost 2 weeks ago). Bohème was such a lovely experience in every possible way, challenging me and delighting me and most of all reminding me that I'm on the right path, that this is indeed what I should be doing with my time. There was, however, no time or brain power left for extracurricular creative pursuits, and as a result I lost the habit of blogging. I'm back in New York for a bit now. I got to see the last performances of Maria Stuarda, and now I'm on performance duty for a few more nights of Elisir. I'm catching my breath. How was your January? I've missed you.

While I'm remembering how to do this blogging thing, some links for you:

Well, of course I want Zosia Mamet as my new best friend. Don't you?

If you have some time, read this beautiful exploration of joy by Zadie Smith. (via Orangette)

Have you listened to Alec Baldwin's new radio show, Here's the Thing? I love it.

Our friend Isabel on becoming Sesto.

I'm absolutely loving my new Everlane t-shirt and tote bag. Such high quality and so affordable!

Here's a little bit of our Bohème.


And, because I'm missing them (are you?), here are my sweet cats. Photos by CM, obvs.



Hope your weekend is full of brunches, warm coats, and date nights. xoxo LMB

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging! You were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great January - 4 operas in 4 days in Chicago! What a treat - I even enjoyed the weather...

    Here is another interesting link: http://youtu.be/FjDGIPyl2hM

    ReplyDelete
  3. In January, I saw Maria Stuarda and Les Troyens at the Met, and the OONY Andrea Chenier, and planned a trip to Venice and Florence for May! So it was a great month for me. Missed your blog though and glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...