Happy Weekend!

Hello, dear readers! Are you still here? We got home last night from our honeymoon, and despite it being the most relaxing vacation on record, we're exhausted! It's almost noon, and we're still lounging in bed with our extremely happy cat, catching up on emails and all things internet. Tonight we're going to a Harry Potter double feature (NOT dubbed in German)! I can't wait to fill you in on the details of our wedding, which actually DID turn out to be the happiest day of my life so far, and our fabulous Italian honeymoon. However, I think it's going to have to wait. We leave Europe in exactly FIVE days, and there's so much to be done before we go! I hope you've been enjoying the happy marriage posts, because I have more coming next week.


In the meantime, some links:

While we were in Tuscany, I got inspired to read some Frances Mayes. I'd read Under the Tuscan Sun a long time ago, so this time I started with Bella Tuscany: The Sweet Life in Italy, and now I'm completely hooked! I absolutely adored Every Day in Tuscany: Seasons of an Italian Life (written 20 years after buying the house!), and now I've bought A Year in the World: Journeys of A Passionate Traveller, and I'm trying to ration it out so it lasts. She's such a beautiful and evocative writer. Read her books, and you'll feel like YOU just got home from a honeymoon in Tuscany

Somehow, after 10 days in Italy, we STILL haven't had enough pasta. I'm not sure I could ever get tired of Italian food.  This may not be authentically Italian, but I want some tonight.

The latest series on A Cup of Jo, on juggling work and motherhood, makes for some fascinating and inspiring reading.

These look like the perfect cocktail hour snack. I think I would pair it with a Negroni, while feeling nostalgic for pecorino al forno con miele in the Piazza del Popolo in Montalcino. Sigh.

I've unsubscribed from all the wedding blogs, and feel like replacing them with some design and nesting blogs. Any suggestions of good ones?


We were overjoyed to find a package from Pink Pixel with our wedding photos in the mailbox when we got home last night. I'm looking forward to sharing all my favorites with you, but for now...


Hope your weekend is filled with laughter, reminiscing, and empty to-do lists. xoxo LMB

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    It's a shame you don't have time to go back to that place and get that amazing gnocchi before you leave!

    Enjoy your last few days there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! You look beautiful and can't wait to see more pictures! We're waiting to welcome you back stateside - not much for schnitzel around here but not so bad eitehr!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment. Pretty please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...